ARK Healthcare - We are currently looking for a Deputy Branch Manager to join our busy Branch in Leeds, covering up to 5000 hours per week.
As a Deputy Branch Manager you report to the Branch senior Manager and be responsible for; Quality Officer, care Co-ordinators, Team leaders Administrator and care workers.
Salary to be discussed at interview (up to 25K per annum) dependent on qualifications and experience
Main Purpose of Job:
- Provide leadership for the branch employees and build strong proactive relationships.
- Assist the Branch Manager with the delivery of safe, consistent and high quality care to all service users serviced by the branch
- To deputise for the Branch Manager in their absence.
- Ensure the branch Co-ordinators effectively schedule all care visits in a consistent, timely, and safe manner which complies with contractual and service user requirements.
- Ensure Care Coordinators effectively manage templating of runs to provide continuity of care to all service users
- Ensure Quality Offer effectively monitors and maintains branch quality and assist where required.
- Ensure the branch systems are updated and maintained at all times.
- Checking of electronic monitoring systems to ensure visits are attended at correct times in line with Service User requirements.
- Ensure that branch staff provide a responsive and robust out of hour's service and participate in the out of hour's rota.
- Oversee the recruitment process to ensure all new branch staff are compliant and competent to deliver a good quality service.
- Oversee Care Worker compliance to ensure each individuals personal development and compliance is maintained throughout their employment.
- Ensure the branch fully comply with the Company quality policy & procedures and delivers a recognised quality service to every service user.
- To ensure all service users receive their requisite service reviews / assessments.
- Ensure that the branch running costs are kept to a minimum / within budget.
- Ensure that all branch staff receive appropriate 1:1 and development opportunities.
- Assist with ensuring that all administration relating to service billing, care worker payroll and expenses information are completed and submitted for processing within the prescribed deadlines.
- Ensure that the service provided is compliant with all contractual requirements and within the regulatory framework.
- Ensure branch staff follow the defined care delivery and business processes and escalation procedures especially in Safeguarding cases.
- Manage any safeguarding concerns through to completion in line with policies and procedures, ensuring communication with Branch Manager is maintained throughout.
- Ensure timely resolution to issues, complaints or concerns raised and take ownership and be responsive to customer needs ensuring communication with Branch Manager is maintained throughout.
- Ensure that the branch team(s) fully comply with their individual and corporate Health & Safety responsibilities and that they operate the service within the Company Health & Safety policies and system.
- Deal effectively with employee relations issues, investigations, disciplinary and grievance hearings.
- Ensure the branch staff adhere to all Employment & Data Protection legislation corporate policies, guidelines and statutory requirements and recommend to senior management adoption and/or changes to policies and guidelines to reflect circumstances within the customer service area.
- Understand the Company's key performance indicators and achieve personal targets
- Any other duties necessary for the growth of the business and safe delivery of the service as directed by Branch Manager.
- Ensure own skills and qualifications are kept up to date in line with company policy, business need and regulatory obligations.
- May be required to travel for the purposes of training, meetings or to support other parts of the business.
This Job Description may change from time to time in-line with business requirements
Experience & Knowledge
- Experience of working in a management role within a domiciliary care environment.
- Knowledge of home care industry is essential
- Good knowledge of Care Quality Commission and its Domiciliary care standards / requirements
- People management including HR responsibilities
- Experience of working to regulatory frameworks
- Previous experience in customer service industry beneficial
- Good understanding of care policies and procedures, key systems and working technology
Competencies & Skills
- Team Player with the ability to lead a team and develop others.
- Proven team leadership & motivation skills
- Performance management with ability to develop others.
- Proven ability to prioritise team objectives / tasks hour by hour
- Good attention to detail to ensure 1st time resolution of complaints / issues
- Proficient in written and oral English and numerate.
- Must work well under pressure and to tight timescales.
- Assertive, flexible and have excellent organisational skills
- Competent user of IT systems & excellent MS office IT skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to build trust with internal and external parties.
Date posted: Posted 19 days ago
Salary: Upto 25k per annum